Sunday, May 29, 2016

Reflections of the last year

     Reflecting on this past year's events, my brain is swimming. I've tried so many things, so many firsts. I've taken a lot of risks. I worked with a Tech coach every week .( Thank you Paula!) I've tried: Glogster posters,Thinglink vocabulary posters,Construction videos recorded on Doceri posted on a Thinglink,Google forms answer sheets corrected by Floobaroo, Socrative, Would you Rather, Which one doesn't belong, Estimation 180, Digital homework folders on Google slides, Google slides projects, organizing units on Padlet, student blogs on Padlet, Dermandar panorama app,Google drawings posters,Formative interactive lessons,Desmos activity builder and Polygraph, Quizlet live, Quizizz, Kahoot, Quizalize, Geogebra tube ,Nearpod interactive lessons. 

      I presented to the special Ed Department and a small group on a Friday morning. I applied to present at two conferences, that I never would have if it wasn't for the encouragement of my tech coaches. Thank you  Paula Torres and John Stevens ! Now I've started this blog.
   
     I need to reflect on which things to do again, and which things to throw out.What can I do better? How can the students take more ownership of their learning ? I need to think about adding higher DOK levels.Have students present, post, and publish everything. I know I can do better!
How can I restructure my Tutorial class to be more effective? They are Freshmen who struggle in Math, double blocked, 6th period(end of the day). I'm thinking game based, made to strengthen their skills and understanding, interactive , challenging but fun, collaborative. 
                                                  
                                                Tutorial class playing Quizlet live!





No comments:

Post a Comment